This position has been filled! The details of the post are left here for archival purposes.
About the Company
Personal Finance Club is a small, but profitable online startup seeking its first part-time employee! Founded in 2019 as a free educational resource with a mission to bring financial literacy to new investors, Personal Finance Club launched its first product in late 2020 and sold over $100,000 in the first five days. I’m a solo founder now looking for my first part-time employee to help PFC continue to grow exponentially!
About the Role
Some potential tasks will include (but not be limited to):
- Repurposing instagram posts into blog posts
- Composing and sending weekly PFC newsletters
- Answering emails and direct messages
- Answering and moderating the PFC community
- Supporting customers on sales
- Helping organize new product lines (like setting up t-shirt sales, future services, etc)
- Creating and managing facebook/instagram ad campaigns
- Co-hosting office hours
- HR tasks like payroll, paying taxes, etc.
- Helping set up structure for future employees
- Helping do market research and designing new products and services
- Responding to and organizing media requests
About the Perfect Applicant
Primarily I am looking for someone smart and driven. Someone who learns quickly and gets things done. This position can be remote, often with limited structure but unlimited opportunity to help grow the business.
- Very technology savvy
- Great written and verbal communicator
- Quick learner
- Effective problem solver
- Self-sufficient and motivated
- Hungry and ambitious to help grow something cool
Nice to haves:
- Strong knowledge of personal finance and investing
- WordPress/Web technology experience
- Graphic design experience
- Google drive and G Suites experience
- Social media expertise
- Paid advertising, conversion tracking experience
- Quickbooks/Bookkeeping experience
About the Position
As PFC is still in its infancy, this role will start at 20 hours per week, with potential to grow to full time as we grow and figure out how to drive more revenue! The work can be remote but you must be authorized to work in the United States. The hours are very flexible, but being available to co-host office hours (Wednesdays at 8pm ET/5pm PT) would be helpful! The pay is $25/hour ($2,200/month). The job comes with a $1,000 home-office budget to get your desk and computer ready to work. We have an unlimited PTO policy with a one week per quarter minimum. As we’re still tiny, there’s limited other benefits, but you do get to work on a cool brand, with a chill boss and direct your time to really make a difference and help it grow!
How to Apply
This position has been filled! Thank you for your interest!